Do you want to make a big impact on a fast-growing IT organization? Do you want to be part of a team that truly supports employee growth and development? Are you passionate about driving high priority customer initiatives through Software Development initiatives? Then, we want you!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate Senior Software Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives in the Software Development segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between the customer and ProServeIT. You will drive the Software Development technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Life at ProServeIT is fast paced, performance-driven, rewarding, and fun! We value and support our team members' career growth and ongoing professional development. And we recognize their achievements and outstanding results on a regular basis. We work hard and play hard.
"People Matter. Be like gumby. Do it right." These are the three values we follow every day. These truly represent who we are and what we care about.
Excited? Read on and apply! Looking forward to hearing from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand customers’ overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding.
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term technology adoption within their company to enable them to be technology/software advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers’ knowledge of software platforms and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery.
- Collaborate with the development team in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights
- Be an evangelist within ProServeIT and with customers, partners and external communities
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, RedHat Openshift, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub)
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub). preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) required
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud native app hosting through software design, development, deployment and app refactoring/migrations required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) required
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
- Experience. 5+ years of success in consultative/complex software development and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist) required
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- This position is a remote, work from home position
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Consulting/Architecture: 5 years (required)
- DevOps and CI/CD tool chains: 5 years (required)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings