WHY JOIN ROOTS?
Roots is not only a brand, it’s a culture and lifestyle. We look for dynamic individuals who are not only interested in retail and fashion, but who enjoy challenges and share our vision for a safer, cleaner, healthier planet.
In addition to our customers, an intrinsic part of our success has always been the people who work here. Roots is a company in which you can grow and benefit from the great opportunities often available. All members of our team are encouraged to ‘spread their roots’.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
As the Manager, Technical Services, you will drive valuable results and lead the Technical Services team while working directly with our business users. This role oversees and manages a team of associates and contractors in the development, implementation and ongoing support of existing and new software applications.
Reporting to the Director, IT you will ensure operational stability and meet practical needs of new applications and present functionality by continuously improving technical service management and delivery for Roots. You will serve as an expert leader and mentor within the technical functions, and influence the adoption of new ideas, products and or approaches that will benefit and support the future growth of Roots. To be successful, you’ll need to possess:
- Post secondary studies in Computer Science with 10 years of varied systems experience
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in architecture and systems design, plus working experience with project teams including users, outside vendors and consultants, Project Management working to agreed budget and time constraints;
- 5+ years people leadership/management experience;
- Strong knowledge of Windows AD, VM Ware, Backups, SAN, Network Security and MPLS implementations and operational environments;
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills with the ability to easily present complex ideas to the team, Senior Management, and Stakeholders;
- Ability to asses company risk and develop risk mitigation plans;
- Proven experience in project management estimating, planning, controlling, and execution, working to agreed budget and time constraints
The impact you’ll have
This is an opportunity to shape our company’s future by:
- Overseeing the Technical Services associates by facilitating and tracking project status;
- Identifying problems and issues and allocating appropriate resources;
- Ensuring that technical support services are completed on schedule and at the highest levels of quality;
- Assisting support staff in the delivery of technical services as necessary;
- Supporting multiple systems through maintenance, modification and problem resolution to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations;
- Managing multiple applications/ development projects, or single major complex initiatives and coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects;
- Ensuring all applications and systems have the reliability, robustness, and scalability needed to establish that applications make efficient and cost effective use of available infrastructure;
- Providing expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture for initiatives;
- Adhering to hardware and software legal licensing requirements;
- Presenting formal recommendations for changes in technology or management practices;
- Managing a budget, monitoring progress and adjusting resources and priorities accordingly;
- Ensuring acceptable levels of performance in networked systems. This task involves a high degree of technical knowledge and effective management procedures within the team;
- Current with technological developments related to computer hardware, software, and networks.
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY NOW!