O’Keefe Wade is a boutique law firm located in Paradise, NL. We service clients in Newfoundland and Labrador with a practice focussed in the areas of corporate law, tax planning, wills and estate planning, and real estate. We are currently seeking a full-time corporate legal assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will carry out a variety of tasks, assisting lawyers with various corporate matters. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting lawyers with transactional work and closings;
- Handling client inquiries and day-to-day corporate matters independently;
- Preparing and assembling documents to assist with incorporations, amalgamations, amendments, corporate reorganizations, and share transactions;
- Creating, updating and maintaining corporate Minute Books;
- Conducting corporate searches;
- Filing corporate documentation with the Registry of Companies;
- Screening and routing phone calls, emails and written inquiries with meticulous follow-up as necessary;
- Handling miscellaneous administrative tasks, including file and document management and billing, as well as other tasks as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of relative legal experience in the corporate practice area
- Formal Legal Assistant/Paralegal Education
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong communication skills when dealing with lawyers, clients and third parties.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office are required.
- The ability to prioritize tasks in a face-paced environment with short timelines will be essential.
- The individual must work well independently with demonstrated initiative and flexibility.
- Training in PC Law will be an asset.
Thank you for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time