Walmart Canada operates a chain of more than 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada's flagship online store, walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada's largest employers and is ranked one of the country's top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada's extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart Canada has raised and donated more than $400 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and @walmartcanada.
To provide customer service by completing assigned tasks relating to receiving and the flow of merchandise through to the salesfloor. This will be accomplished by unloading trailers, pulling pallets to the floor and assisting in the processing of merchandise all in a safe and clean environment. This Associate will function as part of a team to strategically plan and execute duties based on workload and operational functions.
What you'll do...
1. Contributes to a safe, clean and hazard free work environment through adherence to Company policy and procedures, including the completion of safety sweep logs and ensuring displays and fixtures are secure.
2. Preparing and resetting Receiving Area.
3. Unloading and sorting general merchandise trailers.
4. Pulling pallets of merchandise to the salesfloor for overnight processing.
5. Assisting in stocking the salesfloor as assigned and providing customer service when necessary.
6. Binning overstock merchandise.
7. Completing live unloading of other types of merchandise.
8. Maintaining cold chain for refrigerated and frozen receiving and stocking.
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law
Job Type: Part-time