As a Service Advisor of Rainbow Chrysler, you will be responsible for the following:
- prompt greeting of our service customers either in person or on the telephone.
- understanding the customer’s needs and translating that to a repair order as well as suggesting any scheduled maintenance or service requirements.
- it will be your responsibility to communicate with the customer and with the shop foreman and technicians as well to ensure timely completion of repairs and approval of any additional repairs that may be required.
- your focus is on ensuring the customer is completely satisfied with the service experience and that your sales are maintained at goal levels or above.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Supporting our policies to provide all of our customers with an experience that exceeds their expectations.
- receive and greet customers as soon as they arrive.
- answer incoming telephone calls promptly.
- translate the customer's needs to a repair order in a clear and concise manner that will be understood by the technicians.
- ensure all required information on the repair order is complete.
- identify any warranty requirements that apply according to manufacturer specifications.
- ability to use PBS System.
- proper record keeping.
- maintaining knowledge of all products, services and estimating guides.
- strive to improve sales skills through our training programs.
- ensure customers are informed of any delays that may jeopardize the promised delivery time.
- ensuring proper authorization to proceed is obtained when additional work required to repair a vehicle.
- reconciling completed repair orders for correct billing.
- explaining completed repair orders to customer when they pick up their vehicle.
- carry out other duties or tasks as required by the Service Manager
- knowledge of computers and PBS software applications.
- basic understanding of vehicle systems.
- proven sales skills.
- Grade twelve graduation preferred
- completion of a recognized Service Advisor Course would be an asset.
The work environment is extremely busy and noisy at times and requires the ability to focus and listen carefully to our customers. We work as a team and help each other to maintain the cleanliness of our work areas. The ability to communicate clearly is important to maintaining good relationships with other staff.
Working in the automotive industry can be physically demanding. The Service Advisor position may require the employee to spend some of their workday on their feet and to carry heavy and awkwardly sized items. A reasonable level of physical fitness and flexibility is beneficial.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent