To provide secretarial and customer service support for the Graduate Program Office in the Faculty of Education.
High school diploma with some post-secondary education in office administration or related field.
Two (2) years recent and related work experience (e.g., customer service, answering enquiries, assisting in admission and registration processes, records maintenance, and other related administrative support experience) preferably in an academic environment.
Hours of work:
- MS Office 365, MS Word (intermediate), MS Excel (intermediate), MS Access (basic),
- Experience with SIS or a similar on-line database system.
- Internet. e-mail and electronic calendaring (e.g., Outlook).
- Computerized file management in a Windows and Office 365 environment.
- Effective, accurate oral and written communication skills to elicit and provide accurate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent customer service skills including dealing courteously, tactfully and effectively with people.
- Enthusiastic attitude and ability to demonstrate professionalism and strong commitment to student service, exercising initiative and good judgment.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Attends accurately to detail and maintains confidentiality.
- Able to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering excellent service to support the success of the Faculty.
- Ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies.
35 hours per week. Monday to Thursday 9:30am to 5:30pm. Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.Summer: University summer hours.Occasional overtime will be available.Peak periods: January, February, March, May and September.Vacation restriction: During peak periods.
In order to be considered as an internal applicant, York University employees in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit must apply for jobs through the Employee Career Portal - YU Hire.
If you are a current York University employee in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit and/or are using your job posting rights under the collective agreement to apply for jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
As per Article 12.02(f) of the YUSA-1 Collective Agreement, to be considered an internal applicant, employees in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit must submit the application 5 working days following the first day of posting. this is referred to as the 'Posted Date' on the job the posting. This applies to YUSA-1 internal and YUSA-1 Concurrent postings. Please refer to the 'Posting Intent' on the job posting.
If not filled by an employee in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit, employees in the YUSA-2 bargaining unit who have applied within the first 5 days from the 'Posted Date' will be given preference.
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal - YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
Applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.