Sofina Foods is one of Canada's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher's, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza and San Benedetto products in Canada.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Health and Safety Specialist provides positive and constructive support, guidance, coaching and technical expertise to the Leadership Team, JHSC and employees. The Health & Safety Specialist is accountable for anticipating, evaluating, and monitoring health and safety risks. Develops and implements plant-level strategies to address and control risks. Facilitates the application of company H&S policies, requirements and standards and assists in ensuring regulatory compliance, claims management and training.
- Ensure compliance with plant procedures, corporate policies/standards, and legislated requirements, including development of training plan;
- Provide a highly visible presence in all departments and leadership to team;
- Constantly promote, monitor, and evaluate safety programs and practices to make recommendations for continuous improvements;
- ovide reports and statistical information to ma
- Analyze safety data, risks, conduct research and audits that assist in developing ‘best in class’ annual safety plans and programs;
- Develop and implement strategies that create 'safety engagement’ amongst employees and the plant management team;
- Manage WCB claims and oversee RTW programs;
- Provide guidance and participate in safety committees, plant audits and safety training and function as a central point of contact to support incident reporting, investigation and follow-up;
- Act as plant point of contact for Ministry of Lab
- Work closely with stakeholders to inspire, coach, influence and challenge behaviour and leadership with the intent of driving the plant to a culture of H&S excellence and caring for employees;
- Willing to work longer hours during peak periods.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Health and Safety or relevant experience;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with progressive responsibilities in H&S in similar unionized environment; equivalencies will be considered;
- Safety Designation: CRSP, CHSC or equivalent preferred;
- Excellent working knowledge of OH&SA and WCB; and application of legislative and industry safety standards;
- Strong business acumen with ability to plan and execute;
- Superior organizational, written, presentation and verbal skills to be effective in facilitating meetings, building safety awareness through information campaigns, training, and education.
To apply for this career opportunity please forward your resume to Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org