This position will be working with a young male youth with OCD and Schizophrenia in the home and out in the community. Experience working with and a general understanding on Schizophrenia will be considered and asset. Assist with physical, social, emotional and daily life skills development which promotes independence in the home and in the community. Implementing strategies for dealing with behavioural issues.
Ø A diploma in human services or a related field and/or experience working with youth at risk are required for this position.
Ø At least 6 months previous related work experience is required. Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community based programs and related provincial and community support is preferred.
· Current Level 1 First Aid (including CPR) Certification is required
Skills & Abilities:
- Approved Criminal record check, updated every two years by agency
- Excellent writing, data collection, and facilitation skills
- Computer literacy (including internet) is required.
- Safe driving record abstract will be required.
- Pre-employment drug/alcohol test
1. Excellent verbal and written reporting skills.
2. Demonstrated ability to teach and work effectively with others in a one-to-one setting.
3. Knowledge of theory, principles and practices working with mental challenges.
4. Excellent organization, time and house management skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
6. Ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
7. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
8. Ability to accept constructive criticism of job performance.
9. Demonstrated ability to be solution focused and approach problems with flexibility and creativity.
A moderate level of physical fitness required as direct delivery of program activities may involve standing, walking, exercising with person served, bending, lifting, etc. An openness and willingness to accept change and transition is paramount.
This position requires CSW Union membership.
Until a suitable candidate is found.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (250) 851-2977