At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
Position title: Total Rewards Analyst (6-months Internship)
Department: People Resources
Reports to: Total Rewards Manager
Type of position: Fall-Winter Internship (October 2021 – March 2022)
How would you like to work for the #1 quick service restaurant operation in the world? We are recruiting for a 6-month Intern, who is a strong communicator, loves spreadsheets and has a high level of curiosity that loves to come up with new ways of tackling opportunities.
Who You Are
You have a genuine desire to learn – you are curious and consistently looking for ways to improve and deliver results. You enjoy working with data, spreadsheets, and systems and always up for a new challenge. As a team player, you enjoy working collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal. You have the desire to grow and develop your journey in Total Rewards.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will be part of the global HR organization delivering programs and capabilities to help enable the transformation.
You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the CPO; from managers to Executives and Franchisees. As a Total Rewards Analyst, you will apply your knowledge and be part of the Total Rewards team in spearheading our compensation, benefits and wellness initiatives – contributing to the McDonald’s Canada EVP
- Support day to day Total Rewards Program by maintain administrative processes
- Assist in completing compensation surveys
- Support in managing the job evaluation tool and ensuring information is updated and accurate
- Assist in analysis and recommendations related to McOpCo compensation programs
- Assist in the Compensation year-end processes
- Support and assist in benefits analytics reporting
- Support various Total Rewards initiatives and project work
Graduated or enrolled in a post-secondary Human Resources certificate or degree
- Relevant compensation or Human Resources related experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Well-organized and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (MS Words, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.