Located in the lower mainland, we are seeking a highly motivated, committed and organized Estimator in a fast-paced environment.
Masonry estimating background an asset.
The successful candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of building concepts, strong communication and problem solving abilities and be extremely detail orientated. The company undertakes a large amount of repeat business and pride themselves on retaining long term relationships with their clients.
- Receive and print correspondence from clients consisting of drawings and specifications
- Provide take-off of quantities from owner supplied drawings, both electronically supplied and hard copy
- Proficient in estimating software and excel; Quantity surveying, and provide general project support
- Perform complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Contact subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates
- Prepare working drawings (plans, elevations, sections, details) for customer review, shop production, and installation purposes would be an asset.
- The ideal candidate will have relevant construction related qualifications and 3 years local experience within the construction management field.
- College estimating certificate or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency of the following programs: Estimating Software, Microsoft word and Excel, experience with AutoCad is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, both in the office and on site.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent understanding of modern construction practices.
- Must have a proven track record.
- Professional attitude, commitment to excellence, strong communicator, organized, detail orientated, and positive team player.
- Must hold a valid BC drivers licence.
- Must be available for an immediate start
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)