Do you like challenges? - Join a growing company that offers real opportunities for advancement.
Do you have ideas? - Our management style is flexible and we encourage initiative.
Become a Maintenance Technician at Le Germain hotel Calgary!
Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Definition: Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance of the building.
Working hours: Shift work based on weekly schedules (day, evening, weekdays and weekends)
Description of main tasks
- Responsible for maintaining the systems integrity of the facility boiler systems, pumps, ventilation systems, plumbing, water and sewage systems, the Energy Management System (EMS) and other building components under the direct supervision of the manager.
- Minor electrical work required such as changing ballasts, outlet, light fixtures, light bulbs and light switches within the Standard Operation Procedure.
- Ensure that appropriate service manuals, are utilized during preventive maintenance, repair or replacement of systems or components. In addition, adhere to sound engineering practices, building codes and follows safety precautions.
- Follow all company, safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 100 pounds. Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladder.
- A minimum experience of 2 years
- Knowledge of boiler systems, pumps, ventilation systems, electrical, plumbing, water and sewage systems and other general maintenance work
- Experience in hotel maintenance is an asset
- Knowledge of maintenance safety and security policies and procedures
- Attention to detail
- In good physical condition
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize work load
- A professional and helpful demeanor both on the phone and in person
Germain Hotels is a family run business originally from Québec that builds and operates Le Germain Hotels and Alt Hotels across the country. Ranked as one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies, our reputation is based on the impeccable warmth and hospitality with which our team welcomes our guests as well as the stylish design and comfort of our properties. Each member of our team is chosen for their sincere desire to please and their ability to work in a team!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Maintenance Technician: 2 years (Required)
- Hotel Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)