Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are a portfolio of premium, purpose-led cannabis brands, rooted in authenticity and design. Whether Tokyo Smoke, Van der Pop, Maitri or DOJA, our brands are known for connecting with our customers, building genuine communities, and doing so in creative, groundbreaking ways.
What further sets us apart is our unrivaled team. We’re comprised of the best of a diverse array of talents, hailing from different industries, united under the common goal of re-inventing what is possible in cannabis and branding. The ambition of our team, their passion, and the pride they take in the work that they do, is what makes us pioneers and leaders. We cultivate an environment where people are excited to come in and do their best work, free to be on the cutting edge and push boundaries.
It's not often you have the opportunity to lead change in the world alongside the best. Interested?
We are looking for a Studio Producer with an editorial, agency and/or design studio background who can help drive forward our creative team’s needs and goals. The Studio Producer will support the VP & Creative Director and Production Director by creating production schedules, managing budgets, handling communication with external vendors, internal feedback and file delivery - for photo and video shoots.
With experience determining project workbacks, check-ins, approvals, file delivery + asset management, the Studio Producer supports the creative process by ensuring shoots deliver on creative, while staying on time and on budget. They possess astute cultural awareness balanced with an organized and tactical mind. The Studio Producer understands how to meet the demands of design-focused cannabis brands pushing the industry forward.
- Interfaces cross functionally
- Develop + inform production process (briefing, feedback, timelines, budget management, final delivery, etc.)
- Define structure + processes around art production workflow
- Determine duration/work-back for each type of shoot, conceptualizing into production, production, post-production, etc.
- Coordinate photo shoots & video production with external vendors and collaborators
- Ensure we maintain the caliber of photography and video we have set and continue to push on
- Work with VP & Creative Director, ACDs + ADs to bring creative concepts to life
- Drive forward creative needs + goals
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-7 years experience in a production role: at least 3+ years in an agency/studio or editorial environment
- A strong working knowledge and passion for photo, design, brands, retail, and the creative process
- Proven ability to project manage, keep work on budget and on time
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Proven teamwork skills with experience guiding, supporting and building creative teams
- Excellent communication skills, planning, time management, and follow-through
- Astute cultural awareness - design + art trends, innovative retail, cultural trends
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.